From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [patch] integrate ia64 bootloader into common
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:30:53
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 13 February 2007, Xavier Neys wrote:
3 >> Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>> so which is ? first people complain when i made ia64 specific documents,
5 >>> now people complain when i try to combine them
6 >> Nothing's changed. ARCH-specific files that have hardly anything in common
7 >> with other files are fully justified. This applies to
8 >> hb-install-ia64-bootloader.xml: no framebuffer, no gub, no lilo, and elilo
9 >> which is ia64-only.
10 >
11 > not quite:
12 > - ia64 does support framebuffer console
13
14 You never mentioned this and your original did not document the framebuffer.
15 I made it look like the AMD64 version, if it needs to be different, please let
16 us know.
17
18 > - grub will have ia64 support (it doesnt at the moment)
19 > - elilo is not (and hasnt been for quite sometime) ia64 specific
20
21 At the moment, it's very much (elilo==IA64).
22
23 > so if you want to keep the status quo now, fine, but i'm looking long term
24 > here
25
26 We'll change whatever needs to be changed then, maybe even with some kind of
27 include foo, thought process is still running ;-)
28
29 BTW, do you still want the IA64 handbook to be "hidden" or can we index it
30 like the others?
33 Cheers,
34 --
35 / Xavier Neys