From: "Марьясин Семён" <MarSoft@××.ru>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 18:30:03
2 > please unsub me
5 > --- Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> schrieb am Fr, 1.5.2009:
6 > Von: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
7 > Betreff: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
8 > An: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
9 > Datum: Freitag, 1. Mai 2009, 13:30
10 > Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> posted
11 > 49FA0A33.9010800@g.o,
12 > excerpted below, on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:29:39 -0700:
13 >
14 > Now, on the forums and on our highly visible public
15 > mailing lists, I've
16 >
17 > continually asked for help for years, wanting to get
18 > in some fresh new
19 >
20 > talents to keep up with the English documentation.
21 > Unfortunately, since
22 >
23 > I started helping write docs in 2005, we haven't
24 > seen a single new
25 >
26 > dedicated English editor. Not someone who later
27 > becomes a developer, nor
28 >
29 > a regular user from the Gentoo community.
30 > Hmm... it takes some people years to be ready.
31 > Unfortunately, for them,
32 > ready happens in its own time, and can't be rushed to
33 > any visible
34 > effect. Fortunately, those same folks tend to stick around
35 > equally long,
36 > and often see generations of others come and go.
37 >
38 > So don't get too discouraged over it. OTOH, having
39 > some of those faster
40 > evolving generations to help in the mean time helps with
41 > the load, and
42 > unfortunately as you said, that hasn't happened here
43 > either.
44 >
45 > --
46 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
47 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
48 > and if you use the program, he is your master."
49 > Richard Stallman
52 KKH, send an empty email to gentoo-doc+unsubscribe@g.o