From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:26:24
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 04:17:09PM +0200, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> Hmm, I'd like it, if we also (re)moved stage1 and stage2 from visible > directory, and renamed stage3 to something more appropriate by the > 2006.0. I mean, it will probably be confusing for a new user if the > guide just says "Oh, we have this things that say 1 and 2 in the > directory, but please ignore them and start from 3, because 1 and 2 are > only for devs, k?" And it won't help, that old users will most likely > continue to advice for stage 1 in so many support channels.
I agree completely, but that's not up to us to decide. I'd like to have the stages/ directory only contain stage3 files and have the stage1/2's in experimental or similar. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Gentoo Foundation Trustee | Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | Gentoo Council Member The Gentoo Project <<< >>>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>