From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Corrections
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 01:01:53
Thomas posted on Sat, 26 Nov 2011 06:30:57 -0800 as excerpted:

> I found a typo in the Documentation. This is for amd64 and x86. > > The error is in the code, "mount --rbind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev" > > The above command, if assumed that the user enters them exactly that > way, > would give them an error. It was correctly written as "mount -o bind > /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev" previously.
Thanks for the report. Please file this as a bug, as that's easier to track thru to a fix than a mailing list post that's all too easily read and forgotten about. Remember, gentoo's a community distro run by volunteers. Sometimes, "life happens". Regardless of whether that's a new baby or a new job or a death in the family, or just more work than time, sometimes it's hard to deal with a bug immediately, and having it filed as a bug instead of only posted to a mailing list, helps keep the report from getting lost and thus never fixed. But to make that bug easier to follow and fix when you do file it... Please include a link to the page (there's a URL field in the bug, and you can put the other one in a comment), and list the exact paragraph or code number if possible. The mount(8) manpage lists the --rbind olddir newdir option, so it should be supported in general, which is why I went to check the context in which it was used... and found no information about where I should look! Perhaps it was a typo or something, or maybe the instruction is indeed wrong in context, but it's pretty difficult to check if I don't know where to look. =:^\ Anyway, thanks for the report. Please do file a bug with a link, etc. (PS: Posting in HTML isn't really ideal. When you do post to mailing lists, turning off HTML and using just plain text is appreciated as not everyone uses an HTML capable mail reader and raw HTML coding is ugly and hard to read. Thanks.) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: Corrections Thomas M <bluerain41@×××××.com>