From: "Jan Kundrát" <jan.kundrat@×××.cz>
To: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage3 better than stage1/2
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:52:58
Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi all > > Rac pointed me to the following thread: > > > In short, he advises to use stage3 even if you want to perform a stage1 or > stage2 so that you won't have issues with things like circular dependencies > (foo depends on bar which depends on foo) and files on your system that > aren't registered in Portage' DB.
I don't think that circular depndencies are a big problem as they can be avioded or easily fixed manualy (and will be handled properly in some future version of portage), but having files "not belonging" to any packages is IMHO a bad thing, biggets issue with stages<3. j. -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list