From: Stanislaw Gruszka <stf_xl@××.pl>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Slow modem connection in FAQ
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:43:20
Hi list

I write here, because I wonder such strange ansfer about question
"I have only slow modem connection at home.
Can I download sources somewhere else and add them to my system?"

Generally most time of gentoo installation is compilation time of packages,
I think it is fine idea to make download packages parallel with compilation.

So answer should be something like:

Open first console (or first chroot environment)

$ emerge --fetchonly what_you_want

Open second console (or second chroot environment)

$ emerge what_you_want

This make parallel compilation/download except first packet
emerged in what_you_want.

I think people already know this trick, but it is not show in FAQ

__
Regards
Staszek Gruszka