From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:28:06
On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:01:31 -0700
Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:

> Hi guys. As of today, Xavier Neys (neysx) has been retired by infra. > So we need a new GDP lead. I've been poking people about this for a > year or so now on IRC, asking if anyone was interested in taking > over. Most folks have told me to just go ahead and do it, since > I've kinda had that role, as a de facto position ever since neysx > went MIA a long, long time ago. > > However, if anyone else has the inclination, skillz, time, etc. to > take on the leadership role, please speak up. Otherwise, I'll go > ahead and take over the project.
All right . . . no objections, only "go for it" responses. (And the obligatory silence.) I guess it's official. I'll be the new GDP lead. Questions? Concerns? Comments? Ideas? -> my inbox, or threads on this ML. Patches? -> bugzilla Whines? Gripes? -> /dev/null . . . kidding. I'll listen to those, too. Whatever it is, I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Email remains the best way to contact me at this time, since I don't idle on IRC. Thanks.