From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Some Updates to the Quick Install Guide
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:59:28
1 On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:59:27PM -0500, Daniel Meltzer wrote:
2 > I recently reinstalled gentoo after a long hiatus, and noticed that a
3 > lot of documentation has aged a bit over time and grown out of sync.
4 > Being that I dislike this, I'm setting out to try and clean some of it
5 > up. My first project was updating the quickinstall guide to reflect
6 > some of the changes that have been made to the handbook over the last
7 > few years. I doubt I have covered all of them, but I think this takes
8 > care of the glaring differences. I'm going to send these along via
9 > the fancy git commands this time. If you want me to make them go to
10 > bugzilla in the future I'll be happy to do that, this just seemed like
11 > a more approachable first step.
12 >
13 > I think it would make sense to turn this into a x86/amd64 combined
14 > guide as well, I haven't started on that yet but with the prevelance
15 > of 64bit systems these days the x86 is kind of falling by the wayside.
16 > Please take a look at these patches, and let me know what you think.
17 > I will send more as time permits.
18
19 Hi Daniel
20
21 Thanks for the patches. I've applied them to the repo and committed. I did
22 remove the note regarding developer profiles; I think in a quickinstall
23 guide it doesn't serve its purpose fully (the quickinstall guide is/was
24 meant to provide a small resource for experienced users to use as a, well,
25 quick reference).
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen