From: "Michael A. Smith" <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:34:19
> Seriously, separate wikis, one for the the > approve 'inner circle' and a separate wiki for us commoners, > would be keen and result in an explosion of useful > information. After all, isn't this what we have, except the > inner (doc) circle has no influence over the unofficial wiki? > > After some time, the inner circle could find a way to > publish(convert) from either wiki to the form desired by the > inner circle (handbook?)....?
Or why not simply have a way for the "official" docs team to mark a wiki entry "approved" at a specific point in time? Wikiers could then continue to edit it. A marker at the top could say "Reviewed on 2010-11-06 by whomever@g.o" and "edited 5 times since review:" with a hyperlink to show a graphical diff between the current version and the approved version. -Mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>