From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2007.0 mojo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:09:14
On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 23:54 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
> Thoughts? Also, can I get some help in tracking down people from the > alpha, hppa, sparc, and MIPS arch teams on answering a few questions, > such as do they have a packages CD for this release (or any other > CD/media changes), what version will their included kernel be, any > changes to the CFLAGS currently listed at the top of handbook-$arch.xml, > etc. Maybe someone from releng knows all that? Would be much > appreciated, thanks. Well, in addition to finding out the usual "has > anything changed in the install procedures for your arch in this > release". ;)
You will still need to talk to the relevant architecture people, but here's what you asked for specifically. Alpha: 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 HPPA: MIPS: SPARC: 2.6.20-gentoo-r1 CFLAGS shouldn't have changed anywhere, since that's all done by catalyst. For anything else, you'll have to ask specifically what you want, or talk with the individual architecture coordinators. They're all listed on the Release Engineering project page.
> I figure we have two weeks, tops, to make this all happen, so let's pull > it together and get rolling. I've already added the networked stuff to > draft/ and have begun working on them. Go get 'em! :)
Actually, a bit less than that if we plan on having a release this month. Remember that it takes us a few days after we've uploaded everything to stage to the mirrors before we release. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation