From: Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <webkiller71@××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] hb-install-x86-kernel.xml
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:30:20
While I was translating hb-install-x86-kernel.xml, I came to the next part:

If this isn't the case (i.e. the symlink points to a different kernel
source) change the symlink before you continue:
(lines 87 & 88)

I think this should be something like

If the symlink doesn't point to the right kernel, you should change it to
the right kernel:

because this implies that it should point to linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r6.
maybe it's perfectly clear (I already knew it) but for the beginner who
read in the example that it points to linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r6 and then
reads "if this isn't the case" may think he's wrong while he is right

just my opinion

furthermore, is udev still not the default? by configuring your kernel
that way you are forced to use devfsd since automaticly mounting it at
boot makes the use of udev impossible (and I speak from experience)
shouldn't we at least point out that there is udev? (give the URL to the
conversion howto