From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:08:53
Flammie Pirinen wrote:
Seems reasonable. And I vote for that extra tag and not yet another <warn>...</warn>.
>>c) Translation in language which is not officially supported > > > I wouldn't do anything with this, unless it intersects with d). I mean, > why would we need to tell our users that otherwise up-to-date document > should not be trusted to, just because the related translation team is > not organized with proper bureaucratic structure.
Well, current practice is that neysx commits every translation if it seems to be ok from the XML point of view, but I'm not sure if it is a good think to say that such docs are "official" - purely technically, they were contributed by non-Gentoo person and we have no guarantee that they are correct. Just my 2 cents, of course - I'm not aware of any troubles caused by this approach, so maybe I'm just too paranoic :-).
>>d) Outdated translation > > > This is one really required improvement of this proposal, but it > relates to bigger part of desperately needed accessibility improvements > in whole translation system anyways.
[...] I asked for the same while ago and was told that it is "not possible" or at least "not so easy". BTW, see GLEP 10 [1]. [...]
[...] This raises a problem about "what is outdated"? Cheers, -jkt [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0010.html -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth