From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] american english/british english/??? english
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:08:59
Shyam Mani wrote:

>Peter Humphrey wrote: > > > >>I'd like to know what support there would be for splitting the two >>languages, so that original documents would be written using either the >>en_GB or the en_US locale and then be translated to the other. I'd be >>happy to contribute to such a translation effort. >> >> > >This is a serious waste of time IMHO. en_GB and en_US. Makes zero sense >to have two versions of the same doc. What about the other zillion en_* >locales? :) > >
True, it would be expensive. As to the other en_*, US seems to be the only one that's making such a determined dash for freedom. :-P
>My point is, if a doc is readable, understandable and correct >grammatically and/or is fine. > >
Again, there's no such thing as "correct" grammar, so we must expect pleas for this or that stylistic change to continue indefinitely. :-) I'll subside now... -- Rgds Peter Humphrey Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93. -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list