From: Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Why do we run all commands as root in docs?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:10:56
Łukasz Damentko wrote:

> My idea is that we should use "$" - user prompt - whereever command can > be or should be run as normal user.
As much as I hate to do this, I think that this does make sense... I feel the following change(s) [any one] needs to be implemented : a) Use a common prompt for all. Either # or $ (as YosWink mentioned on IRC) OR b) Use $ for user commands and # for root commands. Initially, it'll be quite a bit of changes/commits...but I think this is worth it in the long run...
No Toes? :D Buy those never know... -- Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@g.o> docs-team | GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345