From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2005.1 checkup
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:43:28
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 15:07 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> To all devs that can, please verify if the networkless installation > instructions (in draft/2005.1) are working flawlessly for the architecture > you can test.
For the most part, they should be correct. I would ask for everyone to hold off, since we just made some critical updates with the snapshot and catalyst, as the -pre1 release for x86 (and any other arches) was broken when it came to GRP packages. Performing a networkless install using only stage3 + distfiles + portage snapshot should be fine, but using any of the GRP packages is known broken. We are working on another pre-release for x86 as we speak, and I believe that other arches are doing the same.
> Please file a bugreport and assign it to me directly (with > docs-team@g.o in the Cc-field) if you find hickups. > > Also, afaik, the current installation instructions (network-based) don't > require much updates except in the -medium.xml files (for the new location) > and example versions in the -kernel.xml files. If I am forgetting stuff, > please give me a hurl.
Well, there will be a few changes, as we fixed some of the bugs with 2005.0 that required documentation changes, such as the distfiles for coldplug being missing from the universal CD. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager Games - Developer Gentoo Linux