From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2005.1 checkup
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:43:28
1 On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 15:07 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > To all devs that can, please verify if the networkless installation
3 > instructions (in draft/2005.1) are working flawlessly for the architecture
4 > you can test.
5
6 For the most part, they should be correct. I would ask for everyone to
7 hold off, since we just made some critical updates with the snapshot and
8 catalyst, as the -pre1 release for x86 (and any other arches) was broken
9 when it came to GRP packages. Performing a networkless install using
10 only stage3 + distfiles + portage snapshot should be fine, but using any
11 of the GRP packages is known broken. We are working on another
12 pre-release for x86 as we speak, and I believe that other arches are
13 doing the same.
14
15 > Please file a bugreport and assign it to me directly (with
16 > docs-team@g.o in the Cc-field) if you find hickups.
17 >
18 > Also, afaik, the current installation instructions (network-based) don't
19 > require much updates except in the -medium.xml files (for the new location)
20 > and example versions in the -kernel.xml files. If I am forgetting stuff,
21 > please give me a hurl.
22
23 Well, there will be a few changes, as we fixed some of the bugs with
24 2005.0 that required documentation changes, such as the distfiles for
25 coldplug being missing from the universal CD.
28 Chris Gianelloni
30 Games - Developer
31 Gentoo Linux