From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:17:27
Hi,

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 01:00:27 +0400
Alexey Chumakov <achumakov@×××××.com> wrote:

> After some extensive work with mostly outdated Russian docs, I tend to > agree with Jan--we need some means to signal an outdated translation. > > My proposition is somewhat simpler -- > > 1. Let the reader decide if the document is outdated :-)
Do we need so? It's easy to see in overview.xml page whether it's rusty translation or not. For me there's no need to employ users to do that...
Could be http://bugs.gentoo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Docs-user&component=Translated%20Documentation&short_desc=[$LANG from <guide>] - to point them directly to reporting page. Possible drawback could be abuse of that and rain of silly bugs. It's also worth to note that not every reader is signed up to bugzie and wants/has time to be...
> 3. For unofficial languages, IMHO there is no need to do anything if > there's no index reference to it. > And 3rd party articles are already marked :-)
Many times they are linked from third-party pages, sometimes are bookmarked, so on, don't think that if they aren't in index, they won't be noticed... Summarising: I like the idea of some sort of "If you notice a bug, please <uri link="somwhere in bugzie">let us</uri> know". It could be somewhere near current abstract and date fields... with regards, Łukasz Damentko -- polish lead translator -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list