From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:11:38
1 Alexey Chumakov wrote:
2 > Using the link in the document itself ls like any decentralized way:
3 > + efficiency -- no need to parse metadoc for each page
4 > + reliability -- no broken links on metadoc failure
5 > + flexibility -- works with non-metadoc project docs
6 > - human factor -- document maintainer is responsible for the link
7 > - need to update path in several places if source moves
8
9 - redundance -- exactly same information is duplicated in several places
10
11 > Using metadoc, the pros are:
12 > + clearness for the lead translator (...or actually not?)
13 > + simplicity of batch update (isn't often?
14 > Cons are the opposite.
15 >
16 > Are we centralized or not? :-)
17
18 /me is by no means XML guru, but I always thought that metadoc.xml was
19 made for something like that...
20
21 Cheers,
22 -jkt
25 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth