From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:32:17
1 On Monday 07 November 2005 19:22, Paul Waring wrote:
2 > When one of the key complaints about Linux is that the documentation is
3 > often lacking, I'm surprised to see a distro with some of the best
4 > manuals considering doing away (or at least hiding somewhere else) with
5 > parts of it.
6
7 It's not about the documentation. It's mostly about portage actually. Certain
8 sets of USE flags create circular dependencies that portage doesn't deal with
9 well or at all. Packages then fail to build and bugs get posted. What did the
10 user do wrong? Nothing. What can the user do? Figure out where the circular
11 dependency is and manually solve it. Should the steps on how to do that be
12 added to the Stage1/2 install guide? I'd think not.
15 Jason Stubbs
16 --
17 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list