From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] ARM manuals
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:10:55
On 03/01/12 01:44, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM, wireless<wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote: >> A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring >> some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely >> an interesting idea. > > I wasn't aware of that. Do you have some info on this?
The apr 1 info, may be the key parameter. I remember reading snippets in several locations.... but nothing to recall now. I did not really focus on the issue at the time, so it is completely possible it was but a lark, I did not discern..... Still, an interesting idea, some would think. I have taken the path of setting up raid under Ubuntu, as suggested to me by a few old gentoers. While visiting the Ubuntu offerings, it surprises me to see so many (gentoo) familiar folks bouncing around and using Ubuntu, for a wide variety of purposes. Quite a lively and social bunch over there at Ubuntu, many old friends.....
>> Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to >> publish documents, very easily. > > Publication isn't an issue. We also have where > you can quickly set up and publish documents.
] Yes you are correct. Also, I did find the Ubuntu installation media (alternate.iso) for explicitly setting up RAID, as part of the native Ubuntu installation docs and media. Furthermore, Ubuntu on arm boards; documents intended for the rank and file users; very cool indeed. I'm still looking for equivalents in Gentoo; maybe after grub-2 is stable on gentoo, we can get a singular document and matching installation media for installing RAID from scratch..... Also note,native ARM support for netbooks, laptop and lite-workstations is coming to many linux distros. I just hope Gentoo leads rather than follows in that regard. Surely the talent is in the dev_pool to make it work, it's the documentation that is the real challenge, imho. sincerely, James

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] ARM manuals Ivan Ferdous <kferdous@×××××.com>