From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Android phones
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:26:22
1 Hello,
4 Can the gentoo embedded, openmoko, or any other
5 embedded linux stack run on the (verizon) Android
6 (verizon droid) phone?
9 Isn't the Android(2.0) phone just somebody's Linux
10 stack? If so, is it an open/hackable embedded
11 linux stack for an Arm?
12
13 Verizon(Droid) is the one my son will not shut up
14 about. So and data dumps on the intricacies are
15 appreciated.
16
17 I'm still looking for a cool eGentoo on a fast ARM
18 as my next (gentoo) toy..... Who know, maybe I
19 teach the neighborhood delinquents (kids I mean)
20 how to hack gentoo onto a cell phone....
21 Verizon is the net of choice, but only if they
22 hardware is amicable to embedded gentoo.....
23
24 James