From: "Morgan
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] initrdramfs
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:41:17
1 I hate to reply to my own post, but the issue was I did not have an /init
2 (in this case a symlink to /sbin/busybox). After I fixed this all is well
3 in the world again.
4
5 Austin Morgan
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Morgan, Austin D. [mailto:AUSTIN.D.MORGAN@××××.com]
10 Sent: Fri 6/23/2006 12:56 PM
11 To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
12 Subject: [gentoo-embedded] initrdramfs
15 I am moving my ebedded system' root fs from an on disk partition to an
16 initrdramfs. I am having an issue after boot of the kernel it runs the
17 inittab properly, but when it tries to mount partitions it tries to mount
18 root to "<NULL>" or unknown-block(3,3). Anyone have any idea what settings
19 I have wrong? I do not have a / partition in fstab because I was under the
20 impression that if you did not mount a new root partition that the
21 initrdramfs would remain root... I am using the gentoo-sources 2.6.16.
22
23 Austin Morgan
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list