From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] hardened uclibc gentoo stages
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:22:45
1 On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:32:20 -0400
2 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 03:12, Natanael Copa wrote:
5 > > I think I finally got some time to continue with my uclibc gentoo
6 > > project.
7 > >
8 > > As I understood it, its easiest to strat from scratch when using
9 > > hardened. Is there any place I can get uclibc hardened stages to get
10 > > started?
11 >
12 > The first generation stages were hardened ones.
13
14 I got a script from Anders Eriksson, that I modified a bit (it is
15 attatched) but no success.
16
17 > http://oc12.net/~solar/uclibc/gentoo/x86/packages
18 > Lots of fixes have happened from this time.
19
20 I tried the
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/%7evapier/uclibc/stage3-x86-uclibc.tar.bz2 and
22 then installing your hardened gcc from
23 http://oc12.net/~solar/uclibc/gentoo/x86/packages
24
25 gcc segfaulted when trying to emerge uclibc.
26
27 So, I guess I have to either give up hardened for now or I'll try
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/%7evapier/uclibc/uclibc.txt
29
30 I'm wondering if it might be worth running non-hardened and then just
31 compile some applications with ssp - like network daemons etc. But it
32 would surely be nice with a "pure" hardened uclibc gentoo.
35 Natanael Copa

ucgentoo.sh application/x-shellscript