From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] "toolchain"
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 05:47:41
1 Zachery Hostens wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > i was unable to make the meeting Nov. 23rd, been really busy lately.
5 >
6 > I was kinda curious, as to why dont you make the toolchain like a
7 > chrooted environment, install uclibc and all that grand old stuff in
8 > /home/crossdev then have like "/ROOT" for the root of the actual
9 > project.... (yea i realize this requires a shell and probably a little
10 > more) im assuming that may make development a little easier, but maybe
11 > not needed for how im looking at it.
12 >
13 > I kinda think it should be like a secluded environment from the actual
14 > system its running on...
15
16 Are you talking about chrooting for the build environment, or chrooting into the system
17 image you are building?
20 Andrew Gaffney
24 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list