From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] How to start with Gentoo embedded?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:28:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been working with Microchip microcontrollers for some years developping
4 in assembler and would like to switch to more advanced solutions (e.g.
5 hosting a web interface to contrôle I/O, use TCP/IP to communicate with
6 others, etc...) but still with microcontrollers because it's fast, light and
7 small.
8
9 I've been using Gentoo for 4 years but only on computers (desktops and
10 laptops and Soekris!).
11
12 I'd like to start using Gentoo embedded to see how Linux could be installed
13 on a µC.
14
15 My question is what kind of hardware is the best to start with for a newbie
16 like me (as I never installed a Linux embedded system)?
17
18 Thank you.
19
20 Jean-Marc