From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:11:56
1 2009/3/6 Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>:
2 > After a lot of work and updating all packages (FSO, SHR) to head i can
3 > finally make a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!
4 > Thank for everyone help!
5
6 Great!
7
8 > There are quite large modification and new packages I added to the
9 > tree, and opened some
10 > bugs in gentoo bugzilla.
11
12 Could you please also add tickets to the trac at gentoo.mindzoo.de!? I
13 would love to put the stuff into the overlay until it is accepted
14 upstream. This gives wider testing and helps anyone trying to
15 currently use the phone.
16
17 > It also works as a regular user... Running the whole graphic
18 > application under root was really
19 > annoying at all distributions.
20
21 Did you need to change something or does it work straight forward?
22
23 > I can help you to maintain the tree, I am a former gentoo developer
24 > (alonbl@g.o), so
25 > I can help maintaining the tree.
26
27 Woohhhhooo. Help appreciated.
28
29 > Questions:
30 > 1. How do you start the X automatically? Do you use xdm or your own
31 > version which calls startx?
32
33 There are two possibilities. Because right now I don't use a DM, I use
34 the xserver-nodm start script of the xglamo package. Another way is
35 to use e.g. slim (http://slim.berlios.de/) and do an autologin.
36
37 Thanks for your effort!
38