From: david@×××××××××.com
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>, david@×××××××××.com, AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:27:31
1 On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:57:31AM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2 > Consider also, that busybox includes minit (another init), better as the
3 > default init, has dependency checking between services, parallel startup
4 > of services, as I understand it. Wach service has it's own subdirectory
5 > where the config/dependency files can be placed
6 >
7 > To integrate it with a full-blown SysVinit system each service could
8 > provide both configs, a sysvinit startup script, and a, let's say minit
9 > one.
12 hrm, minit has zero documentation
13 (http://busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html). I suppose I could go look
14 at the code. But at any rate I had no idea that busybox had anything
15 but 'init'
16
17 does seem like a reasonable idea, just need to find out how minit
18 works now.
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list