From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Siong-Ui Te <siongui@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] include baselayout in initramfs
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:08:16
1 On Sunday 30 September 2007, Siong-Ui Te wrote:
2 > On 9/30/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > which version of baselayout ?
4 >
5 > sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.9-r2
6
7 probably wont be backporting a fix to this, but it probably isnt fixed
8 already ...
9
10 > > can you post the actual output please ?
11 >
12 > Remounting root filesystem read/write
13 > Root filesystem could not be mounted read/write :(
14 >
15 > I already found the related code snippet in /etc/init.d/checkroot,
16 > still trying to figure out how to avoid this.
17
18 checkroot should not attempt to remount rw a filesystem that is already rw ...
19 but it probably moved it to ro upon boot ...
20
21 > > right ... we should properly account for this ...
22 >
23 > What I am trying to do is to build entire Gentoo base system in the
24 > initramfs.
25 > So far the most difficult part is to adapt the baselayout design to "no
26 > real root"
27 > nature of initramfs. Any suggestions?
28
29 we already have logic in there for not doing fsck if the root is net based
30 (like nfs) ... perhaps we should expand it slightly for the initrd/initramfs
31 case ...
32 -mike