From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Strange freezes on boot
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:12:33
1 I have a situation on my embedded box where immediately after loading
2 my wireless module, the output from the box over the serial port
3 stops, but the system keeps running and finishes the boot processes.
4 My module loading routine is the first thing launched from rcS, which
5 is the last sysinit line in inittab, where init is provided by busybox.
6
7 If I press any key (ie, send data back up the serial port to the
8 box), the screen continues where it left off, filling in everything
9 that didn't get displayed. If I let it sit long enough, it looks like
10 the serial buffer gets filled and the I don't see everything that was
11 logged to the console, just the last few lines.
12
13 Sometimes I end up in a wierd 'off by one' situation, where the first
14 character I type doesn't display, I have to press another key to get
15 the first one to show up, and a third to get the second to appear.
16
17 I thought this might be a flow control issue, but it seems both sides
18 are using hardware flow control. This didn't happen with Linux 2.4,
19 but it has just started happening with 2.6.
20
21 When I don't load the modules, I get the pause in another place, but
22 it always seems to come up.
23
24 Any ideas?
25