From: andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT question
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 06:51:57
1 "Mike Frisch" <mikef17@×××××.com> schrieb am 06/16/2006 10:11:36 PM:
2
3 > On 6/16/06, Chris Bare <chris@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > When I specify ROOT before the emerge, it doesn't install any
5 dependencies.
6 > > Why is this?
7 > > Is there some other flag I can give it to make it install
8 dependencies?
9 >
10 > I've been wondering the same thing myself... essentially, I want to
11 > create a toolkit that will host a full Gentoo installation with all
12 > dependencies without having to copy files from the host Gentoo
13 > install.
14
15 just an idea:
16 What one could do, is building some sort of target-Filesystem and do a
17 chroot into that system. Then the compiler has to be changed to your
18 cross-compile-toolchain and some of the flags in make.conf have to be
19 changed. After that, a simple emerge in the chrooted environmen should
20 create all the needed stuff and cross-compile it for the specified
21 architecture.
22
23 I will give it a try during the next weeks. It should work, but the
24 correct values in make.conf and some of the includes and so on might be
25 very hard to find out. At least, it will take a lot of time for testing
26 and trying. But imho it should work. If someone manages to get this work,
27 he/she might tell this list, as I guess, there are a bunch of people, who
28 are interested in such things. (at least I am one of those *bg*)
29
30 Bye,
31 Andy