From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] toolchain.eclass and cross-compiling gcc
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:06:50
1 On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 06:03:58PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > is_crosscompile is used to detect whether we're building a
3 > cross-compiler, not whether we're cross-compiling the compiler
4
5 Suggest name change to is_crosscompiler
8 > > The point is though, that even for straight cross-compiles it's
9 > > usually more dependent on CHOST being set to a different
10 > > architecture than CTARGET.
11 >
12 > in the normal case, CTARGET is never set ... however, for all
13 > toolchain based packages, the three tuples (CBUILD CHOST CTARGET)
14 > are made sure to be set to the correct value
15
16 What about those --enable-serial-* though? Is there a better
17 solution for the author's problem?
20 //Peter
21 --
22 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list