From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] quickpkg and PKG_INSTALL_MASK
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:53:19
On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 11:34 +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> > > On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Joakim Tjernlund > <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote: > > I got the impression from docs that PKG_INSTALL_MASK would > actually > mask files out so they never get into the binary package, this > doesn't > seem to happen. > Did I misunderstand? If I did, I think an MASK to do the above > would be a worthy addition to quickpkg, very useful for > embedded targets to keep the pkg size down. > Also PKG_INSTALL_KEEP which would list files keep(rest is > dropped) would be nice. > > Oh, something else I wonder about. How does pre/post install > work with > quickpkgs? Is it possible to have such scripts and then have > qmerge execute > them? > > Jocke > > > Yes, PKG_INSTALL_MASK on time of installation will mask the files > defined in it. > Binary package do contain all files, even the masked files. > Kfir
$PKG_INSTALL_MASK is supposed to omit the files in it's list from making it into the binary pkgs in the first place. The idea there was to make smaller binary pkgs for embedded devices and such (for use only with private repos). $INSTALL_MASK is supposed to omit the files listed in it from being installed on the file system. -- solar <solar@g.o> Gentoo Linux