From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Arm based netbook?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 20:21:33
> Being as I work for Genesi (see my sig) I have a debug board, when I > need it (technically I don't since I had to give mine up but if I > needed to I could get one from someone else in the company) worst case > scenario, if something bad happens I can boot from an SD card and fix > it.
Um that's good to know. sorry for being un_observant....
> I use wifi on the smartbook, but the default config for the 2.6.31 > kernel in use has support for all usb->ethernet devices.
Good to know
> I thought there was one floating around somewhere. Not my day for astute observations.....
> Being as our company uses Freescale chips, I'm looking forward to the > mx6, although it will probably be a while before anything comes out in > the consumer space based on it. Quad core will be nice.
Yep, very cool. Know what would be keen? Put a Jtag connection to the outside case for experimenters to use, as well as any extra Digital or Analog IO not used by the genesi build out. You know a "hackers's ARM netbook" since we're chatting..... Do We get an embedded linux discount on these netbooks? What the timeframe to ship the quad core? I'm most likely to run kde on this pup.... So do you do "native compiles" or cross-compile everything new you add? James