From: Carmelo Pintaudi <carmelo.pintaudi@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Zydas zd1211 drivers on MIPS and kernel 2.4
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 19:24:34
1 Alle domenica 2 settembre 2007, Peter Stuge ha scritto:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > you did not provide enough information for anyone to be able to help.
5 > Please find the answer to all questions below, maybe then we can help
6 > you with some specific advice.
7 >
8 > On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 12:11:14PM +0200, Carmelo Pintaudi wrote:
9 > > I am trying for use the Zydas usb wifi key on a MIPS board
10 >
11 > Which chipset is used in the wifi adapter? The best way to make sure
12 > is to look up the FCCID in the online FCC database, and read the chip
13 > model number written on the hardware components. USB wifi vendors
14 > have on several occasions replaced the hardware without changing the
15 > USB product id so that is unfortunately not completely reliable. :(
16 >
17 The chipset is for sure the ZD1211b from ZyDas
18 > > with special dedicate kernel 2.4.
19 >
20 > Why do you need a special kernel?
21 >
22 I don't "need" a special kernel instead I have this kernel from the vendor of
23 the board because the board hosts special hw (like the usb controller) and so
24 features and drivers were added to the kernel by the vendor.
25 Maybe the usb controller (and/or his driver) is the problem?
26 > Which driver are you using for the wifi adapter?
27 The driver is from Zydas. The zd1211.o module. This driver is the original
28 driver from the manufacturer. Now from kernel 2.6.18 we have a more reliable
29 driver (community driven) named zd1211rw. Based on zd1211 but available only
30 for kernel 2.6.
31 >
32 > //Peter
33 Thank You for any help. GoodBye!