From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Ronny Kramer <ronny.kramer@×××××××××××××××××.de>, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: solar@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: Howto add support for Microblaze Architecture
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:35:31
1 On Mon 17 Mar 2014 15:55:20 Ronny Kramer wrote:
2 > currently I am about to write my bachelor's thesis about how to setup an
3 > Microblaze Architecture with Linux support to ease lectures in low level
4 > coding. I've built an ready to use Linux from Scratch root filesystem
5 > but i want to use Gentoo as my Base to ease the package compilation.
6 >
7 > Is there an Documentation available, how to correctly add an new
8 > architecture?
9
10 hmm, i've had this guide (and helper scripts) for many years:
11 http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/PORTING-HOWTO
12
13 but it could do with a bit of a refresh. i guess would also be good to move
14 it to the wiki for better visibility.
15
16 > To get crossdev (specially linux-headers) working I've added an new
17 > architecture in "profiles/arch" and added the name in
18 > "profiles/arch.list". This did not help to prevent emerge from
19 > complaining about "Package unsupported for unknown".
20
21 make sure your profiles/arch/microblaze/make.defaults has:
22 ARCH=microblaze
23
24 and that your profiles/default/linux/microblaze/parent file loads that
25 directory. if you want an example, look at how arm64 is doing things as that
26 is the newest Gentoo port currently.
27
28 i'd be happy to merge microblaze into the main tree if you send patches :).
29 -mike