From: "Morgan
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] What file system I should use with flash?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:35:09
1 The type of flash that you should use jffs2 on are not going to support
2 a boot loader like grub/lilo. If you are using a CF card for example it
3 already has wear leveling and correction at the hardware level and
4 therefore ext2 etc are fine. If you are using a stick of NAND flash
5 from samsung that his registered by the system as a memory segment this
6 is when you need jffs2. In this case you need to see what the boot
7 properties of the device are (mine has a bios option to load a boot
8 loader from a particular location) then put the apporopriate code there.
11 Austin Morgan
12
13 -----Original Message-----
14 From: gentoo-embedded+bounces-1114-AUSTIN.D.MORGAN=saic.com@g.o
15 [mailto:gentoo-embedded+bounces-1114-AUSTIN.D.MORGAN=saic.com@g.o
16 ] On Behalf Of Joshua Pollak
17 Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:54 AM
18 To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
19 Cc: Kfir Lavi
20 Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] What file system I should use with flash?