From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ADSL router + firewall + PoPToP....
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:36:49
1 Marcelo Coelho wrote:
2
3 > I have an old pc that i want to use to be my router and firewall for
4 > my home lan. I have an USB ADSL modem, one ethernet interface and want
5 > to deploy a dhcp server, dns, share the ADSL internet connection and
6 > (possibly) PoPToP. I also want the system to be the smallest possible.
7 > By now i have a small system installed that occupies a couple of
8 > hundred megs (still with gcc, glibc) that can use the modem. No luck
9 > with dns and dhcp yet.
10 >
11 > Can GNAP be suited to my purposes? I want to boot from hard-disk...
12
13 GNAP can be used for that purpose, though you might have difficulties
14 with the USB ADSL modem. Since you want to run from harddisk, there
15 might be other solutions out there better suited for that job (small
16 footprint distros).
19 Koon
20 --
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list