From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] splash help
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:49:42
1 Wednesday 12 of March 2008 11:35:01 Gareth McClean napisał(a):
2 > Sorry I was not trying to hijack any thread and while I did not make it
3 > clear, this is for a small embedded web appliance using a solid state
4 > drive, geode processor, minimal memory, no keyboard/mouse/direct user
5 > interaction and most importantly no moving parts.
6 >
7 > The target OS has a very small footprint and has been built manually with
8 > the exception of the kernel were I used genkernel simply to reduce
9 > development time. I guess part of my question was did I strip something out
10 > that is necessary.
11 >
12 > Anyway I am sorry if I asked the question on the wrong list, I was just
13 > frustrated last night (actually I still am!)
14
15 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Embedded_x86_Gentoo_%28live_CD_with_NTFS_write_support%29
16
17 here it is all about splash I needed. Actually, I remember that that part was
18 quite ease, gotcha was when I had to switch on squashfs - then splash
19 disappeared suddenly. Solution was obvious - files on initrd had to be the
20 same also on squashfs.
24 Syrytczyk Janusz - Administrator serwerów
25 Centrum Informatyczne Uniwersytetu Opolskiego
26 Nr telefonu: +48 77 452-70-91
27 E-mail: jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl
28 --
29 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list