From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP on Alchemy?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:21:12
1 Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 >
3 > One problem is that with GNAP you build on a workstation different from
4 > the target system. When everything is x86, Catalyst is happy. When you
5 > need some cross-compiling, I'm not sure it will degrade too well. It's
6 > certainly possible to do it, but I would go for regular Embedded Gentoo
7 > stage building and add GNAP post-configuration magic on it (?)
8 >
9 Thierry,
10 thanks for reply. Well I would really prefer any x86 because it is much
11 easier to create an appliance on a workstation I work on daily, and this
12 is not what I do for living, I just let zombies do my hardest work :-)
13 But alchemy's size and features really blew me away and I started
14 wondering how to use that platform for my favorite apps too.
15
16 > Probably someone on this list might know an x86-based platform with the
17 > characteristics you require ?
18 >
19
20 Well then: does somebody have experience with small x86 devices ready to
21 use for gnap? Not simple ones, I would like to have 1.0+ GHz CPU, GPU
22 1280x1024@16M, 802.1q VLANs, flash card slot, 128+ RAM, watchdog, usb
23 2.0, audio, PS/2 keyboard, dsub/dvi?
24
25 Janusz.