From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Embedded List <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Using Gentoo for project
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:41:09
1 I wanted to see if I could begin a rather long-term project to make use
2 of Gentoo, to create a project for ultimate installation on a Zaurus
3 SL-C3000 (and where I would specify a rather large amount of available
4 disk space). The trouble right now is, I don' know the status of Gentoo
5 with regards to supporting such a project (even just supplying another
6 project that is close to it in architecture, such as also using the
7 Xscale processor, or maybe allowing the QT environment and a frame buffer).
8
9 If Gentoo has such a project, or any project that I might use as a jump
10 off point, could I please get and name of this project, and a pointer
11 either to a tarball, or maybe a documentation web page, and what mailing
12 list I could use. I'm trying for extra info.
13
14 My idea right now is to base a project upon the Pengutronix PTXdist
15 build environment. It's based directly upon make, and doesn't try to
16 build it's own build tool, which I like a lot. I don't want to solicit
17 help here, you folks have your own projects to work on (although I
18 wouldn't reject such help), so don't worry about my asking for a huge
19 amunt of help from you, but please, coul dyou give me some Gentoo
20 pointers to get me started off? The Gentoo pages themselves seem to be
21 very bare of pointers to any Embedded project, it seems.
22 --
23 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list