From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:07:28
1 Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 > I am considering the option of using gnap, as my currently router / fw
5 > is a gentoo box. The "problem" is that actually I don't use shorewall,
6 > neither firehol. I just start my script at boot, and everything is
7 > great. I just want to know if we can unable shorewall and firehol and
8 > use iptables alone. If it is possible, how do we do it?
9
10 If you have USE_FW=no, GNAP won't start shorewall or firehol. You can
11 add extra startup init scripts using START_SERVICES (for example
12 START_SERVICES="iptables").
13
14 Hope this helps...
17 Koon