From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] NSLU2 as a DNS server
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:39:55

It looks to me as though the NSLU2 (32 meg of ram) is short on
ram to act as a DNS primary/secondary server on a small single
static IP network.

1. Is there anyone that has successfully put more than 32 M of
ram on a NSLU2 device? Anyone know where I can purchase one
with at least 128 if not 256M ram?

2. Would there be any problem installing DJBDNS on this this
device? Would any of the other necessary software for a DNS
primary, be a problem?

3. Any other c library issues in running one of these computers
as a dns server?

4. I found this link:

any other useful links for low_cost  gentoo(embedded-gentoo)
computers that have sufficient resources to be a dns server
for a small network, are of interest to me.