From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] NSLU2 as a DNS server
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:39:55
1 Hello,
2
3 It looks to me as though the NSLU2 (32 meg of ram) is short on
4 ram to act as a DNS primary/secondary server on a small single
5 static IP network.
6
7 1. Is there anyone that has successfully put more than 32 M of
8 ram on a NSLU2 device? Anyone know where I can purchase one
9 with at least 128 if not 256M ram?
10
11 http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/FattenYourSlug
14 2. Would there be any problem installing DJBDNS on this this
15 device? Would any of the other necessary software for a DNS
16 primary, be a problem?
17
18 3. Any other c library issues in running one of these computers
19 as a dns server?
20
21 4. I found this link:
22 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Linksys_NSLU2
23
24 any other useful links for low_cost gentoo(embedded-gentoo)
25 computers that have sufficient resources to be a dns server
26 for a small network, are of interest to me.
27
28 curiously,
29
30 James