From: "Dennis.Yxun" <dennis.yxun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] MIPS32 Rootfs
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:07:36
1 On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:17 PM, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Manuel Lauss wrote:
4 > > Hello!
5 > >
6 > > For the last few years I've been "maintaining" a small Gentoo
7 > installation for
8 > > FPU-less little-endian MIPS32 processors (my main target is the "Alchemy"
9 > line).
10 > >
11 > > I've put up a tarball of the actual filesystem as well as a collection of
12 > > individual packages at [1] and [2]. The rootfs is ~2GB unpacked, and
13 > > includes everything required to do the Gentoo thing. (List of files
14 > > at [3] and [4]).
15 > >
16 > > I'll keep updating the snapshots at irregular intervals.
17 > >
18 > > Thanks and have a nice day,
19 > > Manuel Lauss
20 > >
21 > > [1] http://mlau.at/files/gentoo/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-100204.tar.bz2
22 > > [2] http://mlau.at/files/gentoo/mips32elsf-packages-100204.tar
23 > > [3]
24 > http://mlau.at/files/gentoo/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-100204.tar.bz2.CONTENTS
25 > > [4] http://mlau.at/files/gentoo/mips32elsf-packages-100204.tar.CONTENTS
29 > Very cool.
30 >
31 > Do you have a listing of 32 bit mips dev boards your
32 > codebase works with?
33 >
34 > Have you ever tried your distro with the 32 bit MicroChip
35 > (Mips) offering?
36 >
37 > Here it looks as though MicroChip intends to support the
38 > Mips M14K core. Is this part of your codebase of support?
39 >
40 > http://www.mips.com/news-events/newsroom/?i=43320
45 > James
54 HI James:
55 Quote from MIPS INC:
56 The new MIPS32® M14KTM and M14KcTM cores are the first MIPS32-compatible
57 cores that also execute the new microMIPSTM instruction set architecture
58 (ISA)
59
60 I have little experience here. If you are using some generic compile
61 flags, say "-EL -mips32 -msoft-float", then the result rootfs should words
62 for 14K core, also 4kec/24K
63
64 Cheers
65