From: "P. Levine" <plevine457@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge --root : users not created
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:07:49
1 Attached is the final version of the chroot patch. I'll submit it in
2 the next few days.
3
4 It seems absurd to add support for chroot() in useradd and groupadd
5 without userdel and groupdel, so the patch includes support for them.
6 Also, to create a smaller footprint, I've combined all applicable
7 functions into one file. The downside is more complex macro expansions
8 (comments included, though), but it allows for a more integrated
9 interface (generated function xfgetXXbyYY calls generated functions
10 xfsetXXent, xfgetXXent, and xfendXXent), and less alteration of shadow's
11 own code.
12 PAM isn't a concern because chroot() only strictly works in a process
13 with an su uid. And a function to parse the chroot flag before any
14 others (leaving argv and argc in a pristine state) is included.
15
16 -- Peter Levine

shadow-4.1.4.2-chroot.patch text/x-patch