From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] musl install conflicts
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:59:47
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 01:54:54PM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote
2 >
3 > By default, stages are built with USE=bindist; and this should be the
4 > default in make.conf.
5 >
6 > OpenSSH requires that it is built with a version of OpenSSL that's built
7 > with the bindist flag in the same state. So if you enable it on one,
8 > you need it enabled on the other. Here, you're turning off bindist; so
9 > you need to turn it off for OpenSSH too.
10
11 I unmasked 1 package and keyworded another as per my first message.
12
13 USE="bindist" emerge -q layman dev-vcs/git
14
15 ...still has a ton of conflicts and refuses to do anything.
16
17 USE="-bindist" emerge -q layman dev-vcs/git
18
19 ...wants to emerge 60 packages!!!
20 Total: 60 packages (1 upgrade, 55 new, 4 reinstalls),
21
22 I tried it, and resumed after build failures, but eventually ran into
23 unresolvable conflicts again. I'm in a chicken-and-egg problem. I
24 can't reliably run "emerge" without "layman" being present. But I can't
25 get "layman" without running "emerge". HELP! Maybe it used to be
26 possible, at one point, to emerge layman against the standard portage
27 tree under libmusl. But the tree changes over time.
28
29 Given how crucial "layman" is to the libmusl distro, why isn't the
30 libmusl stage 3 tarball shipped with a working "layman"? And while we're
31 at it, I'd like to see app-portage/cpuid2cpuflags as part of every stage
32 3. There are often situations where at some point in the early install,
33 you have to "emerge -e". It may as well be done with the right flags.
36 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>