From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] manually creating manifests with RESTRICT="fetch"
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:49:37
1 I'm trying to create a couple of ebuilds (for embedded devices) where
2 the files from SRC_URI must be manually downloaded after accepting the
3 conditions of a license.
4
5 Even after I've downloaded the files, to DISTDIR
6 (/usr/portage/distfiles), ensuring that they are entered in my SRC_URI
7 variable, with the RESTRICT=fetch keyword, I'm unable to generate
8 manifests for the files using "ebuild A/B/B.ebuild digest" because it
9 tries to fetch the files anyway.
10
11 Is there any way to generate the manifest file using 'ebuild' so that
12 it will just read the files from my DISTDIR rather than trying to
13 fetch them?
14
15 The "--force" option does not help, nor does the
16 FEATURES="assume-digest" or FEATURES="digest".
17
18 "arm*-emerge --version" is
19
20 Portage 2.1.9.42 (default/linux/arm/10.0, gcc-4.4.5, unavailable, 3.0.0 x86_64
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 Chris