From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>, AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:42:30
1 On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 david@×××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:09:51PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
4 > > Not in busybox, but you'll find it on http://www.fefe.de/minit/ and there
5 > > is a link to another explanation (attached) and configs.
8 > wow, minit is really cool.... from the docs page:
9 >
10 > "Minit puts all its configuration-files into /etc/minit by default, but
11 > you can change that very easy. Minit brings two companion utilities
12 > with it: msvc and pidfilehack. msvc can start and stop processes just
13 > like svc from the daemontools. pidfilehack can be used to run daemons
14 > like ssh, read the PID and tell minit this PID so minit will know when
15 > sshd exits and can restart it."
16 >
17 > looks like everything we need is already taken care of with minit...
18 >
19 > * special config info for each service can be set
20 > * dependancies
21 > * specific CLI switches(parameters) for each service
22 > * tracking of run away services(go find th pid!)
23 > * logging
24 >
25 > I've got some things that I've been working with, and I figure adding
26 > minit would be a good little test. I'll post my results in the next
27 > couple of days.
28 I have already a busybox based version of the startup files (busybox ash
29 scripts) the only non-busybox utility is devfsd (I do not know how the
30 /etc/devfsd.conf should look like to conform to busybox's devfsd needs
31 Interested? I'll send you a tarball of my /etc/minit.
32
33 Peter
36 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
37 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
41 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
42 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
45 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list