From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] About howto install Gentoo on Toshiba AC100
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:06:17
> As a newbie to AC100 and Gentoo-Embedded, > I just trying to following with installation guide: > >
Make sure you look at the gentoo arm handbook for relevant ideas on this installation: particularly: Just a suggestion as I have no experience with this particular system. Also realize that cross-compiling for a target system is a different installation than using binaries, pre-existing packages or a pseudo-distro installation that some websites may offer. IMHO, it is easier to use binaries and packages already created, if not a specific installation CD/usb install and get the board up and running. Building up an embedded system, via cross-compiling is what you should do after you gain some experience with that specific arm platform. Be careful not to mix ideas and web pages that are not compatible on the different installation approaches. hth, James