From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:30:21
Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:

> Well, I am tryng the isntall, but what you said is wrong: > > "USE_FW Set to yes to have a firewall script run at startup. See FW_TYPE > option. Note that you should overlay files in the etc/shorewall or > etc/firehol directory to configure non-default options." > So ok, I say no, but in FW_TYPE I cant chosse "no", so shorewall is > going to run by default with defaul values, Thing I don't want > So someone has an idea?
Believe me. I wrote the damn thing. USE_FW decides if you run a firewall script at startup. FW_TYPE decides which script you run (if USE_FW=yes). If you still don't believe me, look at the code : if [ "${USE_FW}" == "yes" ]; then ln -snf "/etc/init.d/iptables" "/etc/runlevels/boot/iptables" if [ "${FW_TYPE}" == "firehol" ]; then ln -snf "/etc/init.d/firehol" "/etc/runlevels/default/firehol" else ln -snf "/etc/init.d/shorewall" "/etc/runlevels/default/shorewall" fi DONTDEPSCAN=0 fi With USE_FW=no, you won't have iptables, you won't have shorewall, and you won't have firehol. Whatever you put in FW_TYPE. -- Thierry Carrez (Koon) -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol Sebastian Rodriguez <sniper.mdr@×××××.com>