From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:30:21
1 Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:
2
3 > Well, I am tryng the isntall, but what you said is wrong:
4 >
5 > "USE_FW Set to yes to have a firewall script run at startup. See FW_TYPE
6 > option. Note that you should overlay files in the etc/shorewall or
7 > etc/firehol directory to configure non-default options."
8 > So ok, I say no, but in FW_TYPE I cant chosse "no", so shorewall is
9 > going to run by default with defaul values, Thing I don't want
10 > So someone has an idea?
11
12 Believe me. I wrote the damn thing.
13
14 USE_FW decides if you run a firewall script at startup. FW_TYPE decides
15 which script you run (if USE_FW=yes).
16
17 If you still don't believe me, look at the code :
18
19 if [ "${USE_FW}" == "yes" ]; then
20 ln -snf "/etc/init.d/iptables" "/etc/runlevels/boot/iptables"
21 if [ "${FW_TYPE}" == "firehol" ]; then
22 ln -snf "/etc/init.d/firehol" "/etc/runlevels/default/firehol"
23 else
24 ln -snf "/etc/init.d/shorewall" "/etc/runlevels/default/shorewall"
25 fi
26 DONTDEPSCAN=0
27 fi
28
29 With USE_FW=no, you won't have iptables, you won't have shorewall, and
30 you won't have firehol. Whatever you put in FW_TYPE.
33 Thierry Carrez (Koon)
34 --
35 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list