From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo on a Arietta G25
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 20:25:44
1 Hi John,
2
3 *thank you for your kind words* ! :)
4
5 I am be no means someone who has anything done more with webstuff than
6 BROWSING it.
7 If there is any knowledge needed to "create a page simmiliar to..."
8 beyond some *VERY* basic html commands...I am not your man ;)
9 ...which does NOT mean, that I dont want to provide further
10 informations and such...
11 What is needed (technically) to create such pages? I did not
12 do anything like that before...is it difficult?
13 And I am no native English speaker...
14
15 If "strips" are the "thingies' to be soldered on the board to
16 connect the wifi adapter to the board (and make it detachable
17 later to get an USB port free again) ... then your order is missing
18 a female 7x1 (or is it 1x7?) strip with pitch 2mm (!not 2.54 mm).
19
20 You felt in love with this little board too, John? :)
21
22 Imagine: The first UNIX versions were written by Ken Thompson and
23 Dennis Ritchie on a PDP10/11 which were used WITHOUT a monitor.
24 Only a keyboard and a teletype were available. These "really big irons"
25 filled a wall of a room up to its ceiling.
26
27 Today we get board of the size of a chewing gum, runnnig Linux (an
28 UNIX) which in turn runs SIMH to emulate a ...PDP10/11 and this
29 combo runs the old tapes with the original login of....DMR (Dennis
30 Ritchie). The tapes are free for personal use.
31
32 UNIX...what a milestone of an invention!
33 Ok, next worship on Friday 4 pm next week ;)
34
35 Best regards
36 Meino
45 John L. Poole <jlpoole56@×××××.com> [14-12-06 20:28]:
46 > Very nice Meino! Congratulations.
47 >
48 > Two Points:
49 >
50 > 1) Just for kicks, here's an ordering list I prepared (but am not
51 > submitting as I'm behind)
52 > at http://www.acmesystems.it/catalog_arietta
53 >
54 > For propriety, to ship a base system to the United States, I prepared
55 > the following order:
56 > WIFI-2 OEM WiFi USB module ¤ 7,00 ¤ 7,00
57 > ARIETTA-G25-256 ARM9 Linux Embedded Module (256MB) ¤ 30,00
58 > ¤ 30,00
59 > AN-WIFI-02 WiFi antenna and SMA clable ¤ 7,00 ¤ 7,00
60 > DPI Debug Port Interface ¤ 8,00 ¤ 8,00
61 > PS5V1A-USB2 Switching power supply 5V 1A - 2 USB out ¤ 8,00
62 > ¤ 8,00
63 > STRIP-002 Female strip 20x2 pin pitch 2.54mm ¤ 0,80 ¤
64 > 0,80
65 > STRIP-001 Male strip 20x2 pin pitch 2.54mm ¤ 0,60 ¤
66 > 0,60
67 > STRIP-005 Male strip 20x2 pin 90 degree pitch 2.54mm ¤ 0,80
68 > ¤ 0,80
69 > STRIP-006 Female strip 20x2 pin 90 degree pitch 2.54mm ¤ 1,40
70 > ¤ 1,40
71 > Sub-total ¤ 63,60
72 > Select your country:
73 > If your country is not listed, please read shipping FAQ
74 > Freight charges 28,00
75 > Total amount ¤ 91,60
76 >
77 > I thought others might appreciate what the out-the-door cost would be.
78 >
79 > 2) I recommend Meino try to create a page similar to
80 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~armin76/arm/beagleboneblack/install.xml
81 > (I still have my Beaglebone black in its unused condition, despite my
82 > having scrutinized the install documentation and making suggestions to
83 > Raul.)
84 >