From: Jose Alberto <bass@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Updating embedded systems
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:23:39
1 I'm workin in the next version of GNAP, it will support SquasFS packages
2 and upgrade system :)
3
4 so i recommend you GNAP.
5
6 regards
7
8 El sáb, 20-01-2007 a las 12:51 +0000, Ed W escribió:
9 > I'm considering building a really stripped down environment to run
10 > Asterisk on an epia based machine. There are actually quite a lot of
11 > resources available on this box so it's not quite "embedded", but I was
12 > wondering what the recommended ways are of distributing updated packages
13 > if I went down either the GNAP route, or simply built a tiny system
14 > using ROOT=...?
15 >
16 > I notice the post previously which mentioned qmerge (which I hadn't
17 > previously heard of). Is this the best/only option? How do others
18 > update a base system once built?
19 >
20 > Grateful for some pointers to research further
21 >
22 > Ed W
25 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list